Objectives and purpose of the Association
1. The Association directly and solely pursues charitable purposes as described in the section of the German Fiscal Code (AO) entitled ‘Tax-privileged purposes’. The Association’s activities are altruistic; it does not primarily pursue its own economic advantage. The Association’s funds may only be used for the purposes stipulated in its Statutes. Members do not receive any benefits from the Association’s funds. No person may benefit from expenditure that is alien to the purpose of the legal entity, or from disproportionately high remuneration.
3. The purpose of the Association is the promotion of equal rights for women and men, with the aim of achieving equal opportunities for women as follows: the Association promotes the social and economic inclusion of women in the MENA region (Middle East and North Africa) and Germany. In particular, the Association works towards:
- creating a space in the MENA region for the exchange of knowledge, education, opinions and creative ideas regarding equal opportunities for women and men
- creating a space in Germany for the exchange of knowledge, education, opinions and creative ideas regarding equal opportunities for women and men from different social and cultural backgrounds
- developing and strengthening the network between women and partner organisations in the MENA region and in Germany
- promoting dialogue in society on the situation of women from different social and cultural backgrounds in the MENA region and in Germany
- increasing awareness of gender equality in working with different target groups
- preparing women from different social and cultural backgrounds for starting, or returning to, gainful employment
- supporting women from various cultures, especially from and in the MENA region, in selecting their activities, both in their homeland or land of origin and in Germany
- promoting acceptance of diversity in organisations and businesses in the MENA region and in Germany
- the development of innovative approaches in the educational work in Germany, especially taking into account technical expertise and developed materials from the MENA region
4. The Association’s purpose is to be achieved, in particular, through
- the coordination of an international network with various partner organisations in the MENA region and in Germany
- cooperation between partner organisations and businesses in the MENA region and in Germany
- informing the general public
- organising and staging events, including cultural events
- the production, dissemination and application of educational materials via various media
- educational work in institutions and businesses interested in the topic of gender equality in the workplace
5. The Association can work together with other charitable organisations in order to achieve its objectives.
6. For-profit business operations may only be conducted to the extent that it is absolutely and directly necessary to achieve the Association’s purpose.